Using the Career Connections Center
The Career Connections Center can support you in preparing for your next step in the following ways:
• Prepare for and attend a career fair. Career Fairs are a way to meet employers and graduate school representatives to learn about a range of possible career opportunities. Virtual Career Fairs are another way to connect to employers outside of an in-person event.
• Visit and use the Gator CareerLink Job Database, a job board exclusive to UF students and alumni. Employers who post their positions in this system are specifically looking to recruit Gators.
• Develop and refine your professional documents including resumes, cover letters, CVs, personal statements and LinkedIn content through Express Drop-In (Monday-Friday, 11:00am-4:00pm).
• Practice for an interview through an in-person mock interview or through our online Mock Interview module in Gator CareerLink.
• Refine your professional communication skills and practice challenging conversations including salary negotiation in a Practice Session.
• Connect with employers through information sessions, workshops and lunch and learns
• Interview with an employer through On-Campus Interview opportunities
• Attend a Career Conversation. Career Conversations are informal, small group conversations where you can connect to a career center staff member and other students who might have similar career-related questions.
• Check out your Career Community and explore customized tools and information about specific industries, colleges and communities. You can also get connected to your Embedded Liaison staff member.
• Talk it out in a Career Planning Appointment with a career center staff member.
Additional Career Tools that Could Help:
• Employ Florida database houses work opportunities provided through the State Government of Florida.
• USA Jobs is the Federal Government’s official one-stop source for federal jobs and employment information
• Glassdoor is a website that has information on jobs, company reviews and salary information
• Career Communities webpages have job search boards for specific industries, colleges and communities.