The College of Public Health and Health Professions Career Community
Welcome to the College of Public Health and Health Professions Career Community page. This page was created with you in mind to serve as a resource. It does not matter if you are just starting to learn more about yourself and your career options, if you are preparing for your next steps after The Swamp, or if you are somewhere in between. On this page you will find customized resources specifically for UF PHHP students.
These resources include:
- Ways to connect with your PHHP career planner
- Specialized events selected to meet your needs
- Customized handouts specifically for your professional development
- And much more!
- Academic Programs – Learn about the different programs the College of Public Health and Health Professions has to offer.
- Research Centers in Public Health and Health Professions – Learn about the different research centers in PHHP.
Learn about yourself and Career Options
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about your College of Law career path and careers that interest you by using the tools below. They’ll help you make sense of your interests and experiences.
Need help with understanding how your interests will play a part in your future career? Start with CHOMP!
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers.
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for
Has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- Explore Health Careers– Here you’ll find the latest health career information and tools to guide you as you prepare for a future in health care.
- Public Health Online – Explore career options in the vast industry of Public Health.
- Master of Health Administration – Explore where alumni in the Master of Health Administration program have obtained jobs or fellowships.
- Environmental and Global Health – Explore where alumni in the Master of Environmental and Global Health program work now.
Find out how you can effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and achievements.
Use these keywords to help communicate your experiences on your resume.
Learn how to introduce your resume and provide context to your experiences!
Enhance your interviewing skills with tips to help you prepare for your next steps.
Learn how to build your network and your brand while connecting with employers.
Access to internships, job opportunities, online resource library, events, and more.
Jobs and internships in Public Health and Health Professions
Looking for a job or internship? We have current and relevant opportunities just for you. Click on one of the links below to begin your search.
- PHHP Gator CareerLink Job Board
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Biostatistics
- Public Health Employment Connection
- Higher Ed Jobs
- USA Jobs
- State of Florida Careers People First
- Employ Florida Marketplace
- CDC Public Health Associate Program
- Career at CDC
- Environmental Careers
- Healthcare Summer Programs
The tools below will help you take active steps to transition from where you are to where you want to be.
A professional association is an organization for people who work in the same industry. These organizations provide members with networking and professional development opportunities, continuing education, and job boards. Members can join a committee to advance the interests of their field or engage in advocacy.
Social and Behavioral Science
- American Association of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Association of Social and Behavioral Scientists
- American Statistical Association
- International Society for Clinical Biostatistics
- The International Biometric Society
Clinical and Health Psychology
- Society for Health Psychology
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association Society of Clinical Psychology
Environmental and Global Health
- Global Health Council
- International Federation of Environmental Health
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- American College of Epidemiology
- Society for Epidemiologic Research
- International Epidemiological Association
Health Services Research. Management, and Policy
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- National Center for Healthcare Leadership
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Florida Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists
Health Professions Liability Insurance