The College of Veterinary Medicine Career Community
Welcome to the College of Veterinary Medicine Career Community page. This page was created with you in mind to serve as a resource. It does not matter if you are just starting to learn more about yourself and your career options, if you are preparing for your next steps after The Swamp, or if you are somewhere in between. On this page you will find customized resources specifically for UF CVM students.
These resources include:
- Ways to connect with your CVM career planner
- Specialized events selected to meet your needs
- Customized handouts specifically for your professional development
- And much more!
College of Veterinary Medicine Resources
Learn about yourself and Career Options
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about your College of Law career path and careers that interest you by using the tools below. They’ll help you make sense of your interests and experiences.
Need help with understanding how your interests will play a part in your future career? Start with CHOMP!
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers.
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for
Has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
No matter what step you are in the job or internship search process, these customized handouts were created to help you highlight the unique skills and knowledge you have as a CALS student!
Find out how you can effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and achievements.
Use these keywords to help communicate your experiences on your resume.
Learn how to introduce your resume and provide context to your experiences!
Enhance your interviewing skills with tips to help you prepare for your next steps.
Learn how to build your network and your brand while connecting with employers.
Access to internships, job opportunities, online resource library, events, and more.
Build Experience: Hot Jobs in Veterinary Medicine
Looking for a job or internship? We have current and relevant opportunities just for you. Explore the links below to begin your search!
Gator CareerLink– Gator CareerLink is the portal to everything career at the University of Florida and it gives you incredible access to internships, co-ops, job shadowing, part and full-time job opportunities, online resource library, career events, and more.
General Resources – These are broad job sites that include positions in all fields in addition to those in the veterinary industry. They provide an opportunity for filtering/searching to tailor your search to the veterinary industry.
Location Specific Resources – These job boards are typically limited in location but vary in terms of type of position or specialty. This includes State VMA Job boards and regional, county, or city veterinary associations. Many will have job boards or classified areas but some may not. Explore professional associations in a location you are interested in to find these job boards.
Veterinary Industry Resources – These job sites are specific to the veterinary industry but vary in types of positions, focus of positions, and locations.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) jobs and externships
- Veterinary Crossing
- Veterinary Internship & Residency Matching Program (VIRMP)
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- Relief Services for Veterinary Practitioners (RSVP)
- AVMA Relief DVM
- Veterinary Information Network (VIN), VetQuest
Industry Specific Resources – These job boards are specific in industry type or focus but vary with location. These typically include most specialty professional associations.
- American Animal Hospital Association, AAHA
- American Association of Bovine Professionals, AABP
- American Association of Equine Professionals, AAEP
- American Association of Swine Veterinarians, AASV
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, AHVMA
- American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians
- Association of Shelter Veterinarians
- American Association of Public Health Veterinarians
- American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine, ACLAM
- Vet Cancer Society, Professionals in Veterinary Oncology
- World Aquatic Veterinary Medical Association
- Academic Keys, Academic Positions
- National Institute of Health
- USA Jobs
- US Food and Drug Administration
- USDA, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- US Army Medical Department, Veterinary Corps Opportunities
Organization Specific Resources – These resources are unique to organizations and will typically link you to the organization’s home page where then you can navigate to their specific job openings. You can also go to webpages of organizations that interest you (and are not included on this page) and then navigate to their open positions page.
Third-Party Employers/Placement Firms – Third-party recruiters and placement firms are organizations or individuals that recruit and review applicants for openings within another organization. Typically the employing organizations pay recruiters for their services but the applicant should not incur costs during their job search. It is encouraged that you research these organizations and the employing organization to make an informed decision for yourself.
The tools below will help you take active steps to transition from where you are to where you want to be.
A professional association is an organization for people who work in the same industry. These organizations provide members with networking and professional development opportunities, continuing education, and job boards. Members can join a committee to advance the interests of their field or engage in advocacy.