The College of Education Career Community
Welcome to the College of Education Career Community page. This page was created with you in mind to serve as a resource. It does not matter if you are just starting to learn more about yourself and your career options, if you are preparing for your next steps after The Swamp, or if you are somewhere in between. On this page you will find customized resources specifically for UF education students. These resources include:
These resources include:
- Specialized events selected to meet your needs
- Handouts specifically for your professional development
- And much more!
Meet Daneen, Your College of Education Career Planning Contact
Daneen Johnson is your College of Education career planning contact in the College of Education. She is available for scheduled one-on-one career planning appointments or you can also contact her for class or student organization presentation requests.
You can easily schedule an appointment with Daneen through Gator CareerLink by clicking the button below. Additional instructions on how to create an appointment can be found here.
Get Started with These Resources
- EduGator Central – EduGator Central is here to enhance the student experience and support the success of all College of Education Students.
- Virtual Workshops – Provides COE students with customized support on their career and professional development.
- Center for Leadership & Service – Volunteer or intern in our local and global community.
- Scholarships – Explore scholarships available for College of Education students.
- Student Newsletters – Stay updated with events and unique opportunities to gain experience.
- Careers in Education Fair – Learn about different careers in education at this annual career fair.
Learn about yourself and Career Options
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about your College of Education major or other majors and careers that interest you by using the tools below. These resources will help you make sense of your interests.
Need help with understanding how your interests will play a part in your future career? Start with CHOMP!
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers.
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for
Has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
Career Planning Appointment: This is a 30-minute session where you can talk to a career planner about anything related to your career path. Whether you need help finding an internship, developing your resume, or just figuring out what’s next, a Career Planning Appointment is a great way to get started. You can easily schedule an appointment through Gator CareerLink.
Resource Library: Check out the resource library for more resume and cover letter examples, guides on interviewing preparation, and self-guided career activities that help learn about yourself, develop professionally and prepare for your next steps.
No matter what step you are in the job or internship search process, these resources were created to help you highlight your unique skills and knowledge!
Find out how you can effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and achievements.
Use these keywords to help communicate your experiences on your resume.
Learn how to introduce your resume and provide context to your experiences!
Enhance your interviewing skills with tips to help you prepare for your next steps.
Learn how to build your network and your brand while connecting with employers.
Access to internships, job opportunities, online resource library, events, and more.
Build Experience: Hot Jobs in Education
Looking for a job or internship? We have relevant opportunities just for you. Click on one of the links below to begin your search.
Popular Education & Human Development Websites
- Academic Careers
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Careers in Nonprofits
- Chronicle Vitae
- Counseling Jobs
- Ed Surge
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- Human Services Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Careers
- IT in Education & E-Learning Careers
- Koya Leadership Partners (Executive Searches)
- School Psychology Jobs
- Student Affairs
- The Placement Exchange (Student Affairs)
- U.S. Department of Education
- FlexJobs (remote work)
The tools below will help you take active steps to transition from where you are to where you want to be.
A professional association is an organization for people who work in the same industry. These organizations provide members with networking and professional development opportunities, continuing education, and job boards. Members can join a committee to advance the interests of their field or engage in advocacy.
- American College Personnel Association
- American Counseling Association
- American Educational Research Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- American School Counselors Association
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Association for the Study of Higher Education
- Florida Association of Teacher Educators
- International Society for Technology in Education
- National Association of Multicultural Education
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Equity in Education
- National Council on Measurement in Education
- National Education Association
- Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education