The College of Journalism and Communications Career Community
Welcome to the College of Journalism and Communications Career Community page. If you are just starting to learn about yourself and career options, preparing for your next steps after The Swamp, or somewhere in between, this page was created for you as a resource for your career development. On this page you will find customized resources specifically for UF CJC students.
These resources include:
- Ways to connect with your CJC Career Coach
- Specialized events to prepare you for your career
- Customized handouts and resources for your professional development
• Office of Careers and Corporate Partnerships – Connect with employers for mentoring, job, and internship opportunities through CJC’s new networking hub.
• Scholarships– Find scholarships and fellowships available for the College of Journalism and Communications
• The Professional Advising and Teaching Hub– Talk to expert advisers who will guide you through your CJC roadmap.
Learn about yourself and Career Options
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about yourself and career paths based on your interests as a CLAS student. These tools below will help you identify skills and experiences to support your career readiness.
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about yourself and career paths based on your interests as a CJC student. These tools below will help you identify skills and experiences to support your career readiness.
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers.
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for
Has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
No matter where you are in the job or internship search process, these customized handouts were created to help you highlight the unique skills and knowledge you have as a CJC student!
Find out how you can effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and achievements.
Use these keywords to help communicate your experiences on your resume.
Learn how to introduce your resume and provide context to your experiences!
Enhance your interviewing skills with tips to help you prepare for your next steps.
Learn how to build your network and your brand while connecting with employers.
Access to internships, job opportunities, online resource library, events, and more.
Build Experience: Jobs and Internships for CALS Students
Build Experience: Hot Journalism and Communications Jobs and Internships
Looking for a job or internship? We have current and relevant opportunities just for you. Click on one of the buttons below to begin your search!
The tools below will help you take active steps to transition from where you are to where you want to be.
- Chamber of Commerce Directory
- American Advertising Federation
- National Association of Black Journalists
- National Communication Association
- Public Relations Society of America
- Society of Professional Journalists
A professional association is an organization for people who work in the same industry. These organizations provide members with networking and professional development opportunities, continuing education, and job boards. Members can join a committee to advance the interests of their field or engage in advocacy.