Careers in Education Fair
April 17, 2020
Virtual via Gator CareerLink
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
About the Careers in Education Fair:
Meet representatives from the education industry and learn about available positions in the classroom, student services, school administration, and more. This event is open to UF Students and Alumni.
Attending a virtual career fair is easy. Get started with these easy steps.
- Log into Gator CareerLink. Your desktop or laptop view will display menu options will appear on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Events”
- Click on “Career Fairs”
- Scroll down until you see “Virtual Spring 2020 Careers in Education Fair”
- Click “RSVP”
- Click on the “Virtual Spring 2020 Careers in Education Fair”
- Scroll down to see a list of participating employers
Navigating the Live Chat in the Fair
You will connect with employers through the “Live Chat” feature. Employers who have logged in and are ready to chat will display a “Live Chat” button. To initiate a chat conversation click the button. You may chat with one or multiple employers at a time.
When the “Live Chat” button is clicked a pop-up chat box will display where you may type a question or statement to the employer. Select “Chat” to send a chat request and await a response. Please note that employers are chatting with multiple students and it could take them a bit to respond; be patient.
Once the employer accepts your chat invitation, you will see their response to you and your chat has begun. Be mindful to keep your conversation text professional with avoiding the use of emojis, slang, and shorthand.
Here are recommended steps to prepare for the virtual fair.
- RSVP for the event in Gator CareerLink
- Have your resume reviewed at a Virtual Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 1 – 4 p.m. for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more.
- Research the participating organizations before attending
- Upload your resume to Gator CareerLink before the event
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
1. What kind of full-time experience are you looking for?
2. Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
3. Does the field you are looking to work in require any special certifications?