Careers in Education Virtual Fair
March 3, 2021
Virtual via Career Fair Plus
5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
About the Careers in Education Fair:
Meet representatives from the education industry and learn about available positions in the classroom, student services, school administration, and more. This event is open to UF Students and Alumni.
A list of participating employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink.
Attending a virtual career fair is easy. Get started with these easy steps.
- Log into Gator CareerLink. Your desktop or laptop view will display menu options will appear on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Events”
- Click on “Career Fairs”
- Scroll down until you see “Virtual Spring 2021 Careers in Education Fair”
- Click “RSVP”
- Click on the “Virtual Spring 2021 Careers in Education Fair”
- Scroll down to see a list of participating employers
How to use Career Fair Plus
- Download the App from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for participating employers
- Review the employer’s information
- Register for appointments to speak with representatives in the Career Fair Plus app
- On the day of the fair, you can use the website version of the app at careerfairplus.com . This is a helpful way to complete your video meetings with employers.
How do I meet with representatives?
- To meet with an employer/representative, you will need to download the Career Fair Plus app on your smartphone.
- In the search bar type “University of Florida”
- Select “Spring 2021 Careers in Education Virtual Fair”
- Click on “Employers” along the bottom bar and navigate to the employer you want to connect with for a video meeting.
- Once you select an employer, click on “View Meetings” to identify the time you want to schedule a video meeting with the employer.
- You will be then be prompted to create an account to confirm the meeting time. We recommend filling out your profile completely, including uploading a resume for employers to view.
- Continue to set up meetings with additional employers (if applicable).
Let’s Get Ready!
- Professional attire is encouraged.
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides an Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more.
- Have an updated electronic copy of your resume easily accessible.
- Research the organizations before attending.
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests.
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups.
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
- What kind of experience are you looking for?
- Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
- Does the area of education you are looking to work in require any special certifications?