See who’s attending the event. For an up-to-date list of employers, log in to Gator CareerLink
, click “events” and select Part-Time Job Fair. This list is updated as we receive new registrations.
While you are looking at the registered employers, don’t forget to check out the employer’s profile, available positions and the organization’s website.
Make a list of the top 5-10 employers you plan to speak with and have well-thought-out questions to ask them.
Before jumping right in, ask yourself these questions:
- What experience would I like to have during the summer?
- How far am I willing to travel for my summer opportunity?
- Does my summer interest require any certification?
Here’s a list of tips to help you prepare for networking with employers at the event.
- Casual dress is recommended.
- Bring many copies of your resumes. Make sure it has been updated and proofread…we can do this for you during an Express Drop-In visit, weekdays between 9 – 4 in the CRC library (no appointment needed).
- Research the organizations before attending.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your abilities and interests.
- Bring a notepad and pen to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability, including start and end dates.