See who’s attending the event. For an up-to-date list of employers, log in to Gator CareerLink
, click “events” and select Summer Job & Internship Fair. This list is updated as we receive new registrations.
While you are looking at the registered employers, don’t forget to check out the employer’s profile, available positions and the organization’s website.
Make a list of the top 5-10 employers you plan to speak with and have well-thought-out questions to ask them.
Before jumping right in, ask yourself these questions:
- What experience would I like to have during the summer?
- How far am I willing to travel for my summer opportunity?
- Does my summer interest require any certification?
Here’s a list of tips to help you prepare for networking with employers at the event.
- Wear casual clothes – be presentable and comfortable.
- Bring many copies of your resume (make sure it has been updated and proofread)
- Research the companies (review their websites at minimum) before attending and make a top employer list
- Prepare a list of questions to ask employers so you can learn if an employer is a good fit with your abilities and summer interests
- Bring a notepad and pen to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your summer availability, including start and end dates