CHOMP is an online, interactive, self-guided career and educational planning system designed to help you make decisions about your future career goals and education plans.
CHOMP offers a variety of self-assessments in order to evaluate your level of career readiness and gain self-awareness.
CHOMP can help you identify…
- Work Interests
- Leisure Interests
- Majors and Occupations related to these different dimensions of self
- How different majors at UF connect to careers
Getting Started with CHOMP
Begin the assessments in any order you like. You do not need to complete them all, and you can exit and return any time you like. Each section takes about 10-15 minutes.
Other Ways to Take Action
- Schedule a career planning appointment to discuss your results with a career coach
- Explore potential majors and career options with What Can I Do With This Major?
- Explore careers with ONet
- Use the Eight Semester Career Readiness Guide as a suggested timeline to prepare for your future
- Explore the Experience Hub for ways to gain experience
- Browse upcoming career events on campus
I'm a rising junior advertising major, and once upon a time I was an accounting major. I realized accounting really wasn't for me so I declared myself exploratory. I ended up going to the Career Connections Center, and the recommended that I take CHOMP. I did. I found it to be very comprehensive, it aligns your values with different industries. One of the recommendations that I explore advertising, and now I'm here in that major, which I really enjoy. I recommend this resource for all students.”