Removing your Gator CareerLink Hold
What is Gator CareerLink?
Gator CareerLink (GCL) is an online career portal that supports your needs for everything related to career at the University of Florida. With GCL you can schedule one-on-one career planning appointments, find hundreds of job and internship opportunities, apply for positions directly through the system, see upcoming events, practice your interviewing skills, and much more!
How do I remove my hold?
Navigate to career.ufl.edu
Click on the Orange "Gator CareerLink" button on the top right.
Log in with your Gator CareerLink username and password.
Navigate to the circle icon on the top right corner of the page to access “My Account.”
Fill out all information with a red asterisk (*) in the "Personal Information", "Academic Profile", and "Privacy Settings" sections.
Fill out all information with a red asterisk (*) in the "Personal Information" including: Preferred Name and Phone Number.
Fill out all information with a red asterisk (*) in the "Academic Profile" including: Work Authorization.
Navigate to "Privacy Settings" to review and check the Policy Affirmation box. This action should automatically remove your hold.
How to resolve issues with your Gator CareerLink hold
What if I am stuck at the Gator CareerLink page and can't login?
- The Career Connections Center does not administer that page. You will have to call the UF Helpdesk at 352-392-HELP or for walk in assistance go to HUB 132.
What are the differences in my account vs my public account?
- My Account allows you to edit your Personal, Academic, and/or Privacy preferences. Filling out the required information under "My Account" (including the policy affirmation box) will signal the release of the hold.
- My Public Profile is like a LinkedIn profile and displays information contained in your “My Account” section. It is NOT required to complete the “My Public Profile” section to remove the hold.
I’VE CHECKED THE POLICY AFFIRMATION BOX AND THE HOLD IS STILL NOT LIFTED. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Email email@example.com stating you are unable to remove the Gator CareerLink hold. A staff member will check your account to see if there is a technical error. In most cases, your hold should be automatically removed with checking the policy affirmation box and clicking “Save.”
I REMOVED THE GATOR CAREERLINK HOLD. WHY DO I STILL HAVE A CANVAS HOLD?
- There are two parts to the Career Prep process. Part 1 is completing all activities in the Career Prep Module on Canvas. Part 2 is activating your Gator CareerLink account. You have automatically been enrolled in the Canvas module.