Don’t Cancel Class
Faculty and staff are intricate partners to student success and career readiness. The Career Connections Center provides information and services you can use to better assist your students with their career exploration and preparation needs. We have numerous services to help you connect professional development and industry resources to students and alumni.
There’s no reason to cancel class when our staff is here to fill in. Whether you’re a faculty or staff member looking for career-related topics for your class or if you have to be out for a professional development opportunity like conducting research, the Career Connections Center has you covered. We have 17 different topics to keep your students engaged.
Connecting with the C3
Get to Know Our Services
Our career center provides a variety of information and services you can use as a UF faculty and staff member to better assist your students with career topics. We provide the following services specific to faculty and staff:
- Access to Gator CareerLink (GCL)
- Your Contact
- Faculty Partner with Us
- Request a Class Presentation
- Guide to Student Hiring
Make it a point to chat with your college liaison and utilize Gator CareerLink to see how we can partner together to help your students in their post-graduation success.
Connecting Students and Alumni to Our Center
Our services help students through a range of career exploration, preparation and decision-making phases.
- Direct students to our events, services or resources
- Invite us to host a presentation or meet with your college liaison to discuss areas of collaboration
- Use Gator CareerLink and attend events to learn on your own and share with students
- Connect students your career services college liaison to support their career and post-graduation decisions
Connecting Employers to the Career Connections Center
Our Employer Relations team is here to support you and your students. Our team cultivates employment relationships for the campus community to create even more opportunities for UF candidates. Our team can support your department by conducting consultations with employers to discuss recruitment at UF and outreach to companies that may be relevant for your students.
- Recruiting Consultation– Encourage your professional contacts to post their employment opportunities for UF candidates for absolutely no charge. They can e-mail HireGators@ufsa.ufl.edu to request a consultation with Career Connections Center staff or visit HireUfGators.com to learn more.
- Leveraging Connections– Learn how research, vendors, and anyone else you may have connections with can support recruitment and career education by reviewing our Gators Hiring Gators information.
- Mentoring Interest– Have a colleague or a corporate partner interested in mentoring? Refer them to Get Involved to learn more.