You Are a Career Influencer
Faculty and staff are invaluable partners in student success and career readiness. The Career Connections Center provides information and services you can use to better assist your students with their career exploration and preparation needs. We have numerous services to help you connect professional development and industry resources to students and alumni.
Bring us to your class or meeting
The C3 is prepared to present in your classroom or meeting. Choose from one of our 15 topics or request a customized presentation.
Create impactful career development assignments
Need an assignment for your students? We can help you design meaningful career development assignments to embed in your curriculum. Contact us to get started!
NOTE: To ensure the best experience, please do not use Career Planning Appointments or Express Drop-In as an assignment for your students without explicit consent from the Career Connections Center. Contact us first so that we can create a plan.
Connecting Students and Alumni to the C3
Our services help students through a range of career exploration, preparation, and decision-making phases.
- Learn more about UF’s mandatory career development requirements
- Direct students to our events, services, or resources
- Support career exploration with CHOMP and our other assessments.
- Visit our Career Communities to learn about career pathways and industries connected to your interests.
- Assign your students Gator Professional Series (GPS), a self-paced career readiness and professional development workshop series.
- Encourage your students to gain experience. We can help students find experience no matter where they are in their career development.
- See a full list of our upcoming events
- Connect students to their relevant Career Pathways your career services college liaison to support their career and post-graduation decisions.
- Use Gator CareerLink and attend events to learn on your own and share with students
Want to Increase Your Career Literacy?
The Faculty & Staff Career Symposium is an annual event centering key emerging trends impacting students’ workforce readiness and the role faculty and staff play in preparing UF students for the future of work. The event is a great opportunity to learn from peers, career services experts, and industry partners. Learn more about symposium, including upcoming dates here.
Connecting Employers to the Career Connections Center
Our Employer Relations team is here to support you and your students. Our team cultivates employment relationships for the campus community to create even more opportunities for UF candidates. Our team can support your department by conducting consultations with employers to discuss recruitment at UF and outreach to companies that may be relevant for your students.
- Recruiting Consultation– Encourage your professional contacts to post their employment opportunities for UF candidates for absolutely no charge. They can e-mail HireGators@ufsa.ufl.eduto request a consultation with Career Connections Center staff or visit HireUfGators.com to learn more.
- Leveraging Connections– Learn how research, vendors, and anyone else you may have connections with can support recruitment and career education by reviewing our Gators Hiring Gators information.
- Mentoring Interest– Have a colleague or a corporate partner interested in mentoring or educating students? Suggest they get involved as a Gator Career Consultant