Majors & Minors Fair
October 14th, 2020
Virtual on the Career Fair Plus App
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
About the Majors & Minors Fair:
Join Student Government, Exploratory Advising, the Brown Center for Leadership & Service & the Career Connections Center for our annual Majors & Minors Fair! This fair offers you a chance to find out about many of the great programs available to you at UF.
A list of participants can also be found in Gator CareerLink
This year, the Majors & Minors Fair will look a little different. With COVID-19 and social distancing requirements, this year’s Fair will take place virtually on the Career Fairs Plus App. Below are instructions for using the Career Fairs Plus App:
- Download the App from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for participating departments
- Review their department information
- Register for appointments to speak with department representatives in the Career Fair Plus app.
How do I schedule an appointment?
- To schedule an appointment, you will need to download the Career Fair Plus app on your smartphone.
- In the search bar type “University of Florida”
- Select either “Fall 2020 Major and Minors Fair”
- Click on “Virtual Appointments” on the bottom bar and login or create an account. We recommend filling out your profile completely and uploading a resume for employers to review prior to your appointment.
- Click on “Employers” along the bottom bar and navigate to the employer you want to connect with.
- Click on the virtual appointment button under their company name and find a time slot that matches your availability.
- Once you select a time you will be prompted to confirm your appointment. Click “yes.”
- Your appointment has been scheduled.
Other information to help you prepare:
- Casual attire is acceptable
- Research the majors/minors available at UF.
- Prepare a list of questions regarding switching majors, course options, student organization affiliations, alumni preparedness, etc.
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with advisors.
- Research the number of credit hours you have and your current GPA.
Questions to Ask Your Advisor:
- What kind of students tend to enroll in this major/minor and find it a good fit?
- Are there any recommended introductory courses that could help me explore this major/minor?
- What is the faculty to student ratio?
- Do you require a minimum GPA to get into this major/minor?
- Are there additional certificate programs available for this major?
- What type of engagement experiences/activities would you recommend for students in this major?
- What career fields do students who graduate in this field typically go into?
- Does the program require/allow internship for credit?
- Career Conversations: Choosing a Major When You Like Everything: September 30th, 3 – 3:50 p.m.
Visit career.ufl.edu/events/ for an additional list of workshops that will help students prepare for career fairs.