Majors & Minors Fair
Career Connections Center
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
About the Majors & Minors Fair:
Join Student Government and the Career Connections Center for our annual Majors & Minors Fair! This fair offers you a chance to find out about many of the great programs available to you at UF.
A list of participants can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Casual attire is acceptable
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event.
- Research the majors/minors available at UF.
- Prepare a list of questions regarding switching majors, course options, student organization affiliations, alumni preparedness, etc.
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with advisors.
- Research the number of credit hours you have and your current GPA.
Questions to Ask Your Advisor:
- What kind of students tend to enroll in this major/minor and find it a good fit?
- Are there any recommended introductory courses that could help me explore this major/minor?
- What is the faculty to student ratio?
- Do you require a minimum GPA to get into this major/minor?
- Are there additional certificate programs available for this major?
- What type of engagement experiences/activities would you recommend for students in this major?
- What career fields do students who graduate in this field typically go into?
- Does the program require/allow internship for credit?
The Career Connections Center hosts a series of workshops each semester to prepare students for career fairs. Visit the career.ufl.edu/events/ for details.