Graduate and Professional Schools Fair
October 12, 2023
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Reitz Union Grand Ballroom (Lvl 2)
This is a great opportunity to meet graduate and professional school representatives from around the country who recruit University of Florida students and alumni interested in pursuing higher education. The Graduate and Professional Schools Fair is hosted annually every fall and is open to UF students and alumni. For further questions, contact our Career Events staff at (352) 273-2331 or CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu.
PREPARE FOR THE FAIR
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides an Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more
- List priority schools to visit
- Prepare questions to ask the admissions officers (admissions timelines, requirements, etc.)
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Use resources like Gradschools.com to research graduate programs
- Research institutions and programs that interest you
- Talk to diverse programs to identify a right fit
- Review application deadlines, admissions exam(s) registration deadline and testing policies for institutions you are interested in
- Explore the program’s focus (research or applied) and your career interests
- Research graduate school costs
Info about Admissions Exams:
Depending on the field of study you choose to enter, each program may require a different admissions exam with a different minimum score. Be sure to carefully research the required exams and minimum score for your desired program and institution. Here is a list of some of common examinations:
- General Programs – Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- Law School – Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)
- Medical School – Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Programs – Graduate Management Admissions Text (GMAT)
- Pharmacy School – Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT)
If you are an individual with a disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu at least 72 hours prior to the event.