September 21 – 24, 2020
Career Connections Center and Virtually on Career Fair Plus
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For the first time ever, Career Showcase will be a four-day event! Employers from all over the country will participate in the University of Florida’s largest career fair. September 21 and 22 are non-technical days and are ideal for UF students and alumni interested in fields such as accounting, health care, communications, education, sales, and retail. September 23 and 24 are technical days and are ideal for UF students and alumni interested in fields such as computer science, engineering, information systems, research, and other technical fields.
In-Person Event Attendance
In-Person Career Showcase will take place in the Rion Ballroom (Reitz Union, Level 3) Monday- Wednesday, and in the Career Connections Center (Level 1) on Thursday.
- Appointments are required for the in-person event and are to accommodate for the event space capacity and physical distancing requirements.
- We are following university guidelines and all attendees are required to wear a face mask and maintain designated physical distancing
- No walk-ups will be allowed, but you can make day-of-appointments
- Please do not check-in more than 5 minutes before your appointment time
Virtual Event Attendance
Virtual Career Showcase can happen anywhere! Once you have signed up for your appointment, you will get an email the day before the event starts with instructions to log in for your meeting.
- We will have over 180 employers attending virtually! To see a full list of participating employers tap on the employer’s section of Career Fairs Plus.
- Appointments must be made through the Career Fair Plus app on your phone or mobile device
- Yes, all students and alumni will be required to schedule an appointment with each employer they will be meeting with throughout the day. Appointments will be kept open and available for reservation through the event.
Can I make multiple appointments with the same employer for the same position?
- Do not make multiple appointments with the same employer for the same position type or you may be asked to cancel or be removed from the schedule. Foing so may have implications on the first impression you are making on the employers.
- Mutiple appointments for different positions within the same company are fine.
Can I attend both the in-person and virtual events?
- Yes! You can schedule your meeting time with employers during any of their available timeslots at either event over the course of the four-day events.
What if the employer I want to talk to does not have any available appointments?
- Appointments will become available on September 11th at 8 a.m. Be sure to turn on push notifications in Career Fair Plus to get alerted when appointments are available. Keep checking back! New appointments may become available as attendees edit their schedule.
Will there be a standby line?
- No, to ensure the safety of our participating students, employers and staff all attendees will be required to show proof of their appointment prior to entering the building at the in-person event.
What is the C3 Drop-In room?
- the C3 Drop-In room is your central location to get your Career Showcase related questions answered by a Career Connections Center staff member.
When should I arrive for my appointment?
- For the in-person event, we suggest arriving 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This will give you enough time to enter the event and locate the employer you will be connecting with.
How should I dress?
- Business professional is recommended for both the virtual and in-person events. Remember, first impressions are important so make it count!
How do I schedule an appointment?
- To schedule an appointment, you will need to download the Career Fair Plus app on your smartphone.
- In the search bar type “University of Florida”
ul> Select either “Virtual Fall 2020 Career Showcase” or the in-person event “Fall 2020 Career Showcase”
- Click on “Virtual Appointments” on the bottom bar and login or create an account. We recommend filling out your profile completely and uploading a resume for employers to review prior to your appointment.
- Click on “Employers” along the bottom bar and navigate to the employer you want to connect with.
- Click on the virtual appointment button under their company name and find a time slot that matches your availability.
- Once you select a time you will be prompted to confirm your appointment. Click “yes.”
- Your appointment has been scheduled.
Brown & Brown
Buckeye Cleaning Center
Gainesville Health & Fitness
Gosalia Concrete Constructors
Marcus & Millichap
Manson Construction Co.
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Purvis, Grey & Co CPA’s
TLC Engineering Solutions
Pasco County BOCC
United States Marine Corps Officer Selection Team
For a full list of participating employers download our career fair app, Career Fair Plus from the App Store or Google Play store. Career Fair Plus provides event details such as a list of employers, appointment times, a video conferencing tool, an interactive map, real-time updates, and more.
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Business professional attire is strongly encouraged
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event
- Bring several copies of your resumes for distribution
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides a Virtual Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 1 – 4 p.m. for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more
- Research the organizations before attending
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end datesQuestions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
1. What kind of full-time experience are you looking for?
2. Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
3. Does the field you are looking to work in require any special certifications?
Network with Recruiters at Diversity Meet-Up
Diversity Meet-Up is an event designed to help boost your confidence and your brand as you navigate the recruiting season. Network with employers attending Career Showcase in a casual setting.