How to Prepare for Career Showcase
Let’s Get Ready
Whether you attend Career Showcase in-person or virtually, career fairs require preparation so you can make a positive impression with employers and recruiters.
Here are few tips to help you get ready for Career Showcase.
- Business professional attire is strongly encouraged.
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event
- Bring several copies of your resumes for distribution
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more
- Research the organizations before attending
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
- What kind of full-time experience are you looking for?
- Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
- Does the field you are looking to work in require any special certifications?