Careers in Government, Public Service, and Nonprofits Fair
February 24, 2021
Virtual on Career Fair Plus
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
About the Careers in Government, Public Service, and Nonprofits Fair:
This fair features employers and opportunities in the government, public service, and nonprofit industries.
The event will be held virtually on Career Fair Plus.
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Business professional attire is strongly encouraged
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event
- Bring several copies of your resumes for distribution
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides an Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 9 – 4 for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more
- Research the organizations before attending
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
1. What kind of full-time experience are you looking for?
2. Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
3. Does the field you are looking to work in require any special certifications?
Senator Marco Rubio
Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Representative Kat Cammack
Representative Greg Steube
Representative Gus Bilirakis