Careers in Government, Public Service, and Nonprofit Fair
February 26, 2020
Career Connections Center
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
About the Careers in Government, Public Service, and Nonprofit Fair:
This fair features employers and opportunities in the government, public service, and nonprofit industries.
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Business professional attire is strongly encouraged
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event
- Bring several copies of your resumes for distribution
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides an Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 9 – 4 for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more
- Research the organizations before attending
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
1. What kind of full-time experience are you looking for?
2. Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
3. Does the field you are looking to work in require any special certifications?
If you are an individual with a disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu at least 72 hours prior to the event.