Just in Time Fair
March 31, 2021
Virtually via Career Fair Plus
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
About the Just in Time Fair:
The Just in Time Career Fair provides you with an opportunity to meet and connect with employers about their available full-time opportunities. If you’re about to graduate or if you are an alum looking for new opportunities, consider participating in the Just in Time Fair. All majors and degree levels are invited.
- Yes, all students and alumni will be required to schedule an appointment with each employer they will be meeting with throughout the day. Appointments will be kept open and available for reservation through the event.
Can I make multiple appointments with the same employer for the same position?
- Do not make multiple appointments with the same employer for the same position type or you may be asked to cancel or be removed from the schedule. Doing so may have implications on the first impression you are making on the employers.
- Multiple appointments for different positions within the same company are fine.
What if the employer I want to talk to does not have any available appointments?
- Be sure to turn on push notifications in Career Fair Plus to get alerted when appointments are available. Keep checking back! New appointments may become available as attendees edit their schedule.
What is the C3 Drop-In room?
- The C3 Drop-In room is your central location to get your questions answered by a Career Connections Center staff member.
How should I dress?
- Business professional is recommended. Remember, first impressions are important so make it count!
How do I schedule an appointment?
- To schedule an appointment, you will need to download the Career Fair Plus app on your smartphone.
- In the search bar type “University of Florida”
ul> Select “2021 Spring Just in Time Fair”
- Click on “Virtual Appointments” on the bottom bar and login or create an account. We recommend filling out your profile completely and uploading a resume for employers to review prior to your appointment.
- Click on “Employers” along the bottom bar and navigate to the employer you want to connect with.
- Click on the virtual appointment button under their company name and find a time slot that matches your availability.
- Once you select a time you will be prompted to confirm your appointment. Click “yes.”
- Your appointment has been scheduled.
A list of participants can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Casual attire is acceptable
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event.
- Bring several copies of your resumes for distribution.
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides an Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 9 – 4 for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more
- Research the organizations before attending
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
- What kind of full-time experience are you looking for?
- Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
- Does the field you are looking to work in require any special certifications?
The Career Connections Center hosts a series of workshops each semester to prepare students for career fairs. Visit the career.ufl.edu/events for details.