The On-Campus Interviews program provides a streamlined process for recruiters to interview UF students for full-time, part-time, and experiential opportunities in the centralized location of the Career Connections Center. These interviews range from the first to the final round for all experiences. On-campus interviews begin the first day of classes and end on the last day of classes each semester.
Interviews scheduled through Gator CareerLink take place in the Career Connections Center and can be held between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., with all interviews concluding by 5:00 p.m.
Some of our employers reserve a Welcome Space for their interviewees. If you are an employer who would like to greet your candidates, host breakfast/coffee/lunch for them, or just have a designated place for your team, please request this space through the Employer Hosted Events tab in Gator CareerLink.
The Career Connections Center is also equipped to support virtual interviewing, providing a quiet and professional location for students to interview even if the employer is not on site.
Types of Interview Schedules
Fall 2020 Updates
- Employers will register for and request their interview schedules through Gator CareerLink (GCL) for all formats of interviews (in-person, virtual)
- Employers are encouraged to use Gator CareerLink to advertise the position and source candidates for interviews regardless of the location as the software can assist with advertising interviews and scheduling
- The Career Connections Center will limit the reservation of on-campus interviewing spaces to the designated interviewing modules, vacant staff offices to conduct interviews, and open format interviewing based on capacity
- Occupied staff offices will not be used to conduct interviews
- Interview rooms will be sanitized at the end of each day to be reset for the next days’ interviews
- Recruiters and candidates will interact as safely as possible with the recommended physical distance space implemented.
- This includes recruiters and candidates utilizing separate spaces to interview and not being in the same interview room when space does not permit.
- Interviews may take place in an open format setting with enough distance between the interviewee and the recruiter for both to feel comfortable
- Sanitization supplies will be provided for use in between interviews for open format interviews (e.g., door handles, arms of chairs, tables, etc.) to the appropriate level of comfort
- Room reservation requests will be honored in a first-come, first-served capacity
- Employers will be able to utilize all interviewing models: Room Reservation Only (self-schedule), and Pre-Select to Alternate, Pre-Select to Alternate to Open, and Open
- In-Person (Hybrid) – Employers can reserve interview spaces to have one room reserved for their recruiter and one room reserved for their candidate and conduct the interviews virtually
- Virtual (Employer On-Campus) – C3 Interview spaces can be reserved for employers to have a quiet and private space to host their own virtual interviews with UF candidates
- Virtual (Candidate On-Campus) – C3 Interview spaces can be reserved by employers to direct their UF candidates to utilize the C3 for their virtual interviews
- Virtual (Off-Campus) – Employers will not reserve space to conduct interviews at the Career Connections Center
- Employers are encouraged to use Gator CareerLink to advertise positions, even if they are using their own virtual interviewing platforms as the software can assist with advertising interviews and scheduling Employers are encouraged to use Gator CareerLink to advertise the position and source candidates for interviews regardless of the location as the software can assist with advertising interviews and scheduling
- The C3 will work collaboratively with employers interested in utilizing their external virtual interviewing platform to ensure meaningful connections are being made between UF talent and employer
If employers do not have access to utilizing virtual interviewing software or platforms, the C3 will assist employers with setting up the technology to host virtual interviews.
Employers who host their interviews virtually and do not use C3 provided resources will be asked to provide their interview candidate information to the Career Connections Center to allow for accurate tracking of campus recruiting activities.
Employer On-Campus Interviews Policies
Employers must provide their pre-select list to the Career Connections Center a minimum of 3 days (72 hrs) prior to the closing of the OCR schedule. Pre-Selects that are not submitted within that time frame, the employer must Self-Schedule their interviews for that OCR schedule
Adding Students to OCI Schedules:
Employers who wish to add students who do not meet the screening criteria for posted jobs to their applicant pools must submit the request in writing to the center.
Please send these requests to HireGators@ufsa.ufl.edu. Please provide the job ID# and student name, UF email and UF ID (if possible) in the request.
For pre-select schedules, the center staff will add the student as ‘pending’, and the employer may then choose whether to invite the student for an interview. The Career Connections Center will communicate this action to the student.
How to request an OCR schedule:
- Login to Gator CareeLink
- Click on “OCR” and then “Schedules” on the left hand navigation column
- Click on “Request a Schedule”
- Fill out the form and press submit
For any questions regarding an on-campus interview schedule, please email HireGators@ufsa.ufl.edu or call 352-392-1601.