The First Generation Student Career Community
Your path to the University of Florida as a first generation college student is a unique and complex experience. Navigating college resource can sometime seem overwhelming, especially when it is new to you and your family. We are here to help make the journey a little simpler for you! We have plenty of tools and resources to help coach you towards becoming that first generation college graduate and successful professional that you have always dreamed of being.
These Resources Include:
- Ways to connect with the Career Connections Center
- Handouts to assist you in preparing for your search
- Customized job search resources
- And much more!
Upcoming Events– Check out the events below that have been selected to best fit the needs for you as First Generation student. Visit our events page for a complete list of programs and career fairs.
Based on MFOS required events for the semester events related to exploration, job search, professionalism
Learn about yourself and Career Options
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about your College of Law career path and careers that interest you by using the tools below. They’ll help you make sense of your interests and experiences.
Need help with understanding how your interests will play a part in your future career? Start with CHOMP!
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers.
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for
Has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
No matter what step you are in the job or internship search process, these customized handouts were created to help you highlight the unique skills and knowledge you have as a Veteran student!
Find out how you can effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and achievements.
Use these keywords to help communicate your experiences on your resume.
Learn how to introduce your resume and provide context to your experiences!
Enhance your interviewing skills with tips to help you prepare for your next steps.
Access to internships, job opportunities, online resource library, events, and more.
The tools below will help you take active steps to transition from where you are to where you want to be!
- Vault– The Vault provides in-depth intelligence on what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession—and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want.
- Buzzfile– is business aggregator site with information about company ownership, industry, revenue, structure, etc. It collects publicly available information it can find in order to provide comprehensive company profiles.
- Hoover (access through UF Libraries) – Hoover’s, Inc., is an American business research company that has provides information on companies and industries. Use it to identify organization names in industries you are curious about or competitors to find other organizations to apply to. Access via UF Libraries by clicking on the Hoovers icon on the banner at the top of the screen.