The Veterans Career Community
Welcome to the Veterans Career Community page. If you are just starting to learn about yourself and career options, preparing for your next steps after The Swamp, or somewhere in between, this page was created for you as a resource for your career development. On this page you will find customized resources specifically for UF Veteran students.
These resources include:
- Ways to help you translate your military experience to meaningful civilian opportunities
- Specialized events to prepare you for your career
- Customized handouts and resources for your professional development
Learn about yourself and Career Options
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about your College of Law career path and careers that interest you by using the tools below. They’ll help you make sense of your interests and experiences.
Need help with understanding how your interests will play a part in your future career? Start with CHOMP!
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers.
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for
Has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- Career Scope – An easy to use online self-assessment tool that helps you explore career paths upon entry into civilian life.
- Veterans Job Matcher – Explore civilian careers that are related to your military job.
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment – Understand the services and support available to you through the Veteran Affairs
No matter what step you are in the job or internship search process, these customized handouts were created to help you highlight the unique skills and knowledge you have as a Veteran student!
Find out how you can effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and achievements.
Use these keywords to help communicate your experiences on your resume.
Learn how to introduce your resume and provide context to your experiences!
Enhance your interviewing skills with tips to help you prepare for your next steps.
Access to internships, job opportunities, online resource library, events, and more.
- Gov Employment Toolkit
- Workforce Development Office
- Military to Civilian Skills Translator
- O*Net Military Crosswalk
- Personal Statement Preparation
- VET Roadmap – Use this resource to navigate your career journey.
Build Experience: Jobs and Internships for Veterans
Looking for a job or internship? We have current and relevant opportunities just for you. Click on one of the links below to begin your search.
The tools below will help you take active steps to transition from where you are to where you want to be!
Salary Negotiation Resources
Joining a professional association, student organization or attending a conference or networking events can provide veterans with opportunities to build community and develop professional professionally.
National Association of American Veterans