The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Career Community
Welcome to the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Career Community page. If you are just starting to learn about yourself and career options, preparing for your next steps after The Swamp, or somewhere in between, this page was created for you as a resource for your career development. On this page you will find customized resources specifically for UF CALS students.
These resources include:
- Ways to connect with your CALS Career Coach
- Specialized events to prepare you for your career
- Customized handouts and resources for your professional development
College of Agricultural and Life Science
Enjoy this video from Dean of UF/IFAS CALS, Dr. Elaine Turner, about the college’s vision.
- Career Readiness Guide
- Explore Health Careers– You’ll find the latest health career information and tools to guide you as you prepare for a future in health care.
- Top 5 Virtual Career Resources for CALS Students
- Student Personal Development – Find development opportunities recommended by the Dean’s Office.
- Pre-Health -Visit the Pre-Health Buzz to get all of the latest information.
- Pre-Law – To receive all of the latest information, subscribe to the UF Pre-Law listserv, send an email to email@example.com. Leave the subject field blank and enter the following text in the body of the message: subscribe ufprelaw-L firstname lastname.
- Learn more about CALS resources, scholarships, blogs, or to see where CALS alumni are now. Visit the CALS Career Resource webpage to learn more.
Learn about yourself and Career Options
There’s a world full of careers waiting for you. Learn more about yourself and career paths based on your interests as a CLAS student. These tools below will help you identify skills and experiences to support your career readiness.
Need help with understanding how your interests will play a part in your future career? Start with CHOMP!
What Can I Do With This Major?
Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers.
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for
Has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- Carer Readiness Guide
- LinkedIn Learning
- How to schedule a Career Planning Appointment
- Recorded Webinars on Gator CareerLink – Log into your Gator CareerLink account, click Resources then click on Resource Library on the right-hand side, and browse through all the recorded webinars.
- Wayup – Get discovered by employers, find paid internships, part-time jobs, and entry-level opportunities at thousands of companies.
No matter what step you are in the job or internship search process, these customized handouts were created to help you highlight the unique skills and knowledge you have as a CALS student!
Find out how you can effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and achievements.
Use these keywords to help communicate your experiences on your resume.
Learn how to introduce your resume and provide context to your experiences!
Enhance your interviewing skills with tips to help you prepare for your next steps.
Learn how to build your network and your brand while connecting with employers.
Access to internships, job opportunities, online resource library, events, and more.
UF Graduate/Professional School Admission Tips
Navigating the Job Search Process: Video Series Presented by AgCareers.com & Agriculture Future of America
Build Experience: Jobs and Internships for CALS Students
Looking for a job or internship? We have relevant opportunities just for you. Click on one of the links below to begin your search.
- CALS Ambassadors
- CALS Career Expo
- CALS Clubs & Organizations
- CALS Gator CareerLink Job Board
- CALS Leadership Institute (CALS LI)
- CALS Study Abroad
- Center for Undergraduate Search
- Challenge 2050
- Employ Florida Marketplace
- Environmental Careers
- Healthcare Career Connection
- Healthcare Summer Programs
- Leadership Minor
- Loop Legislative Internship Program
- Nonprofit Organizational Leadership Minor
- The Alan and Cathy Hitchcock Field and Fork Pantry – Volunteering
- USA Jobs
The tools below will help you take active steps to transition from where you are to where you want to be.
Salary Negotiation Resources
- Research a potential new city: careeronestop.org
- Find a new place to live: Apartmentsearch.com
A professional association is an organization for people who work in the same industry. These organizations provide members with networking and professional development opportunities, continuing education, and job boards. Members can join a committee to advance the interests of their field or engage in advocacy.
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- American Poultry Association
- National FFA Organization (Future Farmers of America)
- Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- The National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry (The Grange)
- National Farmers Union
- National Association for Agricultural Educator
- American Society of Animal Science
- American Society for Horticultural Science
- International Society of Precision Agriculture
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education
- Association for International Agriculture and Rural Development
- American Society of Agronomy
- Entomological Society of America
- National Association for Environmental Management
- National Association for Environmental Professionals
- Association for Environmental Studies & Sciences
- National Association of University Forest Resource Programs
- Forest Resources Association
- Botanical Society of America
- Soil Science Society of America
- National Ground Water Association
- The Wildlife Society
- National Association of Conservation Districts