Career Success Institute
The Career Success Institute (CSI) is a six-week career and leadership cohort that helps students build their leadership and career potential.
Through CSI you are able to:
- Connect with other students while learning leadership skills
- Learn about your career potential from your strengths, skills, and interests
- Leave with tools to apply to on-campus and off-campus experiences
Check back for the Fall Application Date.
“I was able to come into a safe place and be honest about the uncertainty I have as it pertains to career goals. This was the first professional environment where I wasn’t comparing myself to others. I engaged and acquired the knowledge that I knew was going to help me long term. I was able to finally just focus on myself.” – Ja’kari Clayton
“It feels very personal and I got to meet a lot of other people in similar situations as me. As a result, I didn’t feel as alone, and knowing that other people are actively trying to find their paths has pushed me to do the same.” – Michelle Huang
“CSI enabled me to make connections with my peers. Each week, the program pushed us to step out of our comfort zones, which allowed me to form meaningful connections. I enjoyed the student leadership panel and liked hearing insights from various student leaders on campus. The panel gave me ideas on how to get involved and cleared up some of my misconceptions about networking.”- Anne Gracy
“CSI was most helpful in providing a sense of comfort in our major and career tracks. It is hard to find a support system on campus that doesn’t make you feel rushed or panicked about making a major selection. The community of students who felt similar concerns helped to reassure that these problems are not isolated to just a few.” – Michael Hutchinson
What Happens during the Six-Weeks of CSI?
Each week, you will meet with your CSI cohort members and group facilitators from the Career Connections Center. The following content will be covered through a combination of group discussion, reflection, activities, resources and information sharing, and assessments:
- You Majored in What? – Major/Career Flexibility, Testing Assumptions and Beliefs
- Finding Your Strengths – CliftonStrengths Interpretation and Application to Teamwork
- Career Reflection & Exploration – Wandering Map activity and Career Research
- Student Panel & Networking Activity – Focus on Leadership and Experiential Education
- Career Action Plan – Possible Lives, Goal Setting for Career and Experience
- Induction Ceremony with Keynote Speaker
(Note this is a general outline of topics covered, but the exact activities may vary per semester.)
CSI cohort members who successfully complete the program will receive a Gator Lapel Pin, a professional head shot, free career assessment interpretation, and a certificate of completion.