March 24, 2021
11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Virtual via Gator CareerLink/Symplicity
Employers hiring for jobs or internships in advertising, journalism, public relations, telecommunications, and related communication industries can connect with students or recent grads through various formats during the Careers in Communication Fair!
- Pre-Scheduled Interviews: host interviews with students who have pre-applied for your open positions posted on Gator CareerLink
- Information Sessions: host one or more group info sessions during the fair to connect with students who want to learn more about your organization
- Open Networking: host a virtual queue that students can join to connect with you or your colleagues 1-on-1, similar to how they would at a traditional in-person career fair
The Virtual Fall 2020 Careers in Communication Fair attracted nearly 200 students and alumni, resulting in over 330 unique connections between attendees and employers. We expect students of all class years and majors from the College of Journalism and Communication and multiple other UF colleges, as well as graduate students and alumni, to participate in the Careers in Communication Fair.
- Employer Success Session: Overview of the Virtual Career Fair – Wednesday, March 4, 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
- Employer Success Session: Maximizing Your Virtual Career Fair Experience – Monday, March 15, 10:00-11:00 a.m. ET
- Employer & Student Drop-In Hours – Thursday, March 18, 2:00-4:00 p.m. ET & Monday, March 22, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Drop by to ask any questions or receive assistance before the fair.Register
- $75 – Corporate
- $50 – Non-Profit
- Complimentary – UF Offices/Departments
- Participation in the event
- Unlimited amount of recruiters
- Online listing of your organization
You will receive instructions to pay via credit once your registration is confirmed and you receive an invoice.
For questions about payments only, please contact Tina Crippen at 352-273-2321 or make an appointment here to connect with Tina.
February 16, 2021 is the cancellation deadline for this event. Cancellations received by this date will receive a full refund and will not be charged for their event registration.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Career Connections Center. Please contact Career Events Staff at CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu to cancel your registration.
No cancellations will be accepted after the deadline.
Registered organizations that fail to participate on the day of the event will be charged for the event. Failure to pay invoices due will prevent employers from accessing future Career Connections Center services and events.
Organizations can appeal their cancellation charges in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Appeals will be reviewed by a committee for approval. Cancellation appeals outlining the details for cancellation and circumstances must be emailed to HireGators@ufsa.ufl.edu for consideration. Responses to any appeal requests will be provided within three weeks after the conclusion of the event.