Diversity Meet Up
January 21, 2020
Career Connections Center and the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom
4:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Check-in opens at 4 p.m. Only open to UF students and alumni.
About Diversity Meet Up:
Diversity Meet Up is an event designed to help boost your confidence and your brand as you navigate recruiting season. Discover what employers are really looking during light networking and refreshments. The event is open to students and alumni from diverse and underrepresented populations including: veterans, LGBTQA+, students with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and women in STEM.
4 p.m. | Student check-in opens
4:30 – 5:30 p.m. | Networking Tips Workshop and Practice Session
Need some help making that first impression? Learn strategies to better communicate your story to employers. You will engage and practice with employers and receive feedback to polish your pitch. Session held in the Career Connections Center.
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. | Employer Panels
Hear from employers as they discuss topics such as diversity initiatives in their companies, how to communicate your experience in an interview, finding an inclusive workplace, and more. Session held in the Career Connections Center.
6:30 – 8 p.m. | Open Networking Mixer
Connect with employers in a casual setting who have diverse hiring initiatives. Held in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom.
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Business professional attire is strongly encouraged
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event
- Bring several copies of your resumes for distribution
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. The C3 provides an Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 9 – 4 for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more
- Research the organizations before attending
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (notepad or phone app) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
- What kind of full-time experience are you looking for?
- Where would you be willing to relocate for work?
- Does the field you are looking to work in require any special certifications?
Network with Recruiters at Diversity Meet-Up
Diversity Meet Up is an event designed to help boost your confidence and your brand as you navigate the recruiting season. Network with employers attending Career Showcase in a casual setting.
Learn more button to the diversity meet up page.
Volunteer at Career Showcase
Each semester over 100 students serve as Career Showcase Hosts to help produce the two-day event. Find out how you can volunteer and gain event management experience while networking with the career center staff and employers, assisting with logistics, and more.
Link to email.
If you are an individual with a disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu at least 72 hours prior to the event.