Monday, February 8th
4 – 7 p.m.
Virtual Event on Zoom and Career Fair Plus
See schedule below for details. Only open to UF students and alumni.
About Diversity Meet-Up:
Diversity Meet-Up is an event designed to help boost your confidence and your brand as you navigate recruiting season. Discover what employers are really looking for during employer conversations and networking. The event is open to students and alumni from diverse and underrepresented populations including veterans, LGBTQA+, students with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and women in STEM.
Monday, February 8th:
4 – 5 p.m. | Networking Basics and Practice Workshop
Networking is key to managing your career path and building relationships. Join us to learn strategies to better communicate your story to employers in-person and virtually, with time for “how-tos,” questions, and practice. This session is perfect for students preparing for employer networking during Diversity Meet-Up, as well as any other career fairs!
To attend virtually, use the following Zoom link:
5 – 7 p.m. | Employer Open Networking
Career Fair Plus
Connect with employers who have diversity hiring initiatives in a casual, virtual setting. Diversity Meet-Up employer networking will be held on Career Fairs Plus.
*Please check Career Fairs Plus for a list of employers attending virtually.
Students will be required to schedule a time to meet with employers via Career Fairs Plus. Drop-in rooms will also be available.
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Download and/or print this Networking Event Checklist to help you prepare before Diversity Meet-Up.
- Download and review the Career Fair Plus app early! Employers will post schedules and appointments starting two weeks prior to the event. We recommend signing up for appointments as soon as possible!
- Research the organizations before attending.
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. Attend Virtual Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more.
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit for your values, abilities, and interests. Here’s a Questions Guide with potential questions to help you get the conversation started with recruiters and learn more about their diversity hiring initiatives.
- Consider where you will attend the virtual event to ensure you have a professional background and have limited distractions. We recommend business professional attire for this event.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
- What kind of experience are you looking for?
- What are you hoping to learn about the company?
- What makes you a unique candidate? How would you describe your past experiences and qualifications to an employer?
- What values and diversity initiatives are you looking for from a company/organization?
- What questions do you have about the position or company/organization?
- Remember, when you sign up for an appointment with an employer on Career Fair Plus, you are expected to attend that appointment. No-showing for the appointment is unprofessional and reflects poorly on you as a candidate.
- Have a digital copy of your resume readily available to share with employers virtually.
- Have a platform (i.e. notepad) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups.
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end date.
- Make sure to send a follow-up thank you email to the employers you met with!
- Attend additional recruiting events like Career Showcase and Information Sessions to continue your networking with employers.
If you are an individual with a disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu at least 72 hours prior to the event.