September 17 4 – 7:00 p.m. and
September 21, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
See schedule below for details. Only open to UF students and alumni.
About Diversity Meet-Up:
Diversity Meet-Up is an event designed to help boost your confidence and your brand as you navigate recruiting season. Discover what employers are really looking during employer conversations and networking. The event is open to students and alumni from diverse and underrepresented populations including: veterans, LGBTQA+, students with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and women in STEM.
4 – 5 p.m. | Introduction to Networking and Practice Workshop
Networking is key to managing your career path and building relationships. Join us to learn strategies to better communicate your story to employers in person and virtually, with time for feedback and practice.
There is limited seating for the in-person event. In-person seating is first-come, first-serve. There are unlimited seats for the virtual event.
To attend virtually, use the following Zoom link: https://ufl.zoom.us/j/95123041286
5:30 – 7 p.m. | Employer Panel
Learn what to look for when identifying an inclusive workplace. Hear from recruiters as they describe their diversity initiatives and what you can do to best position yourself for opportunities.
To attend virtually, use the following Zoom link: https://ufl.zoom.us/j/92176039589
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. | Employer Open Networking
Rion Ballroom and Career Fairs Plus*
Connect with employers in a casual setting who have diverse hiring initiatives. Diversity Meet-Up employer networking will be held in-person (in the Rion Ballroom) and on Career Fairs Plus.
*Please check Career Fairs Plus for a list of employers attending virtually and in-person. 55 employers are attending the event virtually. Currently, ALDI, E&J Gallo, Invisors, and Northwestern Mutual are participating in-person.
Students are required to schedule a time to meet with employers via Career Fair Plus for both in-person and virtual appointments.
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink
- Business professional attire is strongly encouraged for both in-person and virtual attendees.
- Bring your Gator 1 or Gator 1 ID number for admission to the event
- Bring several copies of your resumes for distribution. If attending virtually, have a digital copy of your resume readily available.
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. Attend Virtual Express Drop-In service (no appointment needed), weekdays between 1-4p.m. for resume reviews, mock interviews, and more.
- Research the organizations before attending
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if an employer is a good fit with your values, abilities, and interests
- Have a platform (i.e. notepad) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups
- Come prepared knowing your availability for employment or internship, including start and end dates
Questions to Ask Yourself Before the Event:
- What kind of experience are you looking for?
- What makes you a unique candidate? How would you describe your past experiences and qualifications to an employer?
- What questions do you have about the position or company/organization?
If you are an individual with a disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu at least 72 hours prior to the event.