September 27, 2022
Reitz Union Grand Ballroom
5:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
See schedule below for details. Only open to UF students and alumni.
What is Diversity Meet-Up?
Diversity Meet-Up is designed to help boost your confidence and your brand as you navigate recruiting season. Discover what employers are really looking for during employer conversations and open networking. The event is open to UF students and alumni from all diverse and underrepresented populations including but not limited to- veterans, LGBTQIA+, students with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and women in STEM.
Diversity Meet-Up Event Schedule
Tuesday, September 27th:
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. | In-Person Networking
Grand Ballroom | Reitz Union, 2nd Floor
Meet with employers in-person in the Grand Ballroom. This will be an open networking event- no appointments or reservations are needed to meet with recruiters.
Through casual networking conversations, you can ask employers about their organization, available positions, and their own career path. You will also be able to showcase your own unique skills and experiences that you can bring to their organization. Make sure to bring hard copies of your resume to share!
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink.
Diversity Meet-Up Kick-Off Events
Diversity Meet-Up Kick-Off events are designed to share information and promote belonging and connection among students who share similar identities, backgrounds, and experiences. These student partnership events can further prepare you for engaging with employers and finding additional experiences.
For more details about each event, please visit Gator CareerLink.
Prepare for Diversity Meet-Up
Prepare Your Strategy
- Finalize your schedule for attending and make sure to review which employers are attending each day.
- Research the organizations before attending to learn more about their values, mission, and positions available.
- Review the Diversity Meet-Up prep videos below to learn more about the event and how to connect with employers.
Prepare for Networking Conversations
- Check out our Diversity Meet-Up: Networking Event Checklist!
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if the organization is aligned with your values, abilities, and interests. Review our Questions Guide with potential conversation starters to learn more about their diversity hiring initiatives.
- Attend additional recruiting events like Career Showcase and Information Sessions to continue your networking with employers.
- After the event, make sure to send a follow-up thank you email to the employers you met with!
Prepare Your Materials and Professional Attire
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. Attend Express Drop-In for individualized feedback.
- Have a hard copy of your resume readily available to share with employers.
- Have a platform (i.e. notepad) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups.
- Plan for your attire and professional image. We recommend business professional attire for this event. If you plan to utilize the Molm Family Gator Career Closet, make sure to make an appointment early!
If you are an individual with a disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Diversity Meet-Up Prep Videos
Watch the videos below to learn more about:
- Diversity Meet-Up events
- Networking strategies
- Identifying organizations that are aligned with your values, abilities, and interests
- Communicating your strengths and goals