September 27, 2021 (virtual via Career Fair Plus) and September 28, 2021 (in-person Rion Ballroom)
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
See schedule below for details. Only open to UF students and alumni.
About Diversity Meet-Up:
Diversity Meet-Up is a two-day event designed to help boost your confidence and your brand as you navigate recruiting season. Discover what employers are really looking for during employer conversations and open networking. The event is open to UF students and alumni from diverse and underrepresented populations including but not limited to- veterans, LGBTQA+, students with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and women in STEM.
Monday, September 27:
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - 5 p.m. | Virtual Networking*
Career Fair Plus
Meet with employers virtually through the interactive platform- Career Fair Plus. Employers will host appointment-based and/or open group meetings virtually. Appointment sign-ups will begin on Monday, September 13th and continue through the duration of the event.
Through these virtual meetings, you can ask employers about their organization, available positions, and their own career path. You will also be able to showcase your own unique skills and experiences that you can bring to their organization. Make sure to complete your profile on Career Fair Plus and upload an updated resume!
- To see a full list of participating employers tap on the employer’s section of Career Fairs Plus.
- Appointments must be made through the Career Fair Plus app on your phone or mobile device for the virtual portion of Career Showcase.
Tuesday, September 28:
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - 5 p.m. | In-Person Networking*
Rion Ballroom - 3rd Floor Reitz Union
Meet with employers in-person in the Rion Ballroom. The in-person portion of Diversity Meet-Up will be an open networking event- no appointments or reservations are needed to meet with recruiters.
Through casual networking conversations, you can ask employers about their organization, available positions, and their own career path. You will also be able to showcase your own unique skills and experiences that you can bring to their organization. Make sure to bring hard copies of your resume to share!
This in-person event will also feature student organization tabling for additional networking opportunities.
Check to see which employers are attending the virtual event on September 27th and/or the in-person event on September 28th through the Career Fair Plus. Career Fair Plus provides event details such as a list of employers, an interactive map, real-time updates, and more. Keep in mind, most employers are attending either September 27th OR September 28th- not both days!
A list of employers attending can also be found in Gator CareerLink.
Diversity Meet-Up Kick-Off Events
Diversity Meet-Up Kick-Off events are designed to share information and promote belonging and connection among students who share similar identities, backgrounds, and experiences. These student partnership events can further prepare you for engaging with employers and finding additional experiences. Our Fall 2021 Diversity Meet-Up Kick-Off events include:
Black Student Union Diversity Meet-Up Kick-Off
Wednesday, September 22 | 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. | Reitz Union Room 2365
Thinking about how to enhance your professional skills before Career Week? Join leaders of the Black Student Union to learn and practice your elevator pitch and to receive resources to help you develop professionally. Special Guest - Accenture, a global consulting firm, will also join the conversation to give their perspective on the characteristics and skills that professional/ business companies are looking for in a potential candidate. All students and majors are welcome.
Disability Ambassadors Diversity Meet-Up Kick-Off
Thursday, September 23 | 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. | Career Connections Center - Exploration Room
For a list of participating employers download our career fair app, Career Fair Plus from the App Store or Google Play store. Career Fair Plus provides event details such as a list of employers attending virtually and in-person, an interactive map, real-time updates, and more.
A list of employers can also be found in Gator CareerLink
Prepare for Diversity Meet-Up
- Download and/or print this Networking Event Checklist to help you prepare before Diversity Meet-Up.
- Download and review the Career Fair Plus app early! Employers will post schedules and appointments starting September 13th. We recommend signing up for appointments as soon as possible!
- Research the organizations before attending to learn more about their values, mission, and positions available.
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the event. Attend Project Resume for individualized feedback.
- Prepare questions to ask employers so you can see if the organization is aligned with your values, abilities, and interests. Here’s a Questions Guide with potential questions to help you get the conversation started with recruiters and learn more about their diversity hiring initiatives.
- Finalize your schedule for attending the virtual and/or in-person events. Make sure to review which employers are attending each day.
- Plan your attire and professional image. We recommend business professional attire for this event.
- Remember, when you sign up for a virtual appointment with an employer on Career Fair Plus, you are expected to attend that appointment. No-showing for the appointment is unprofessional and reflects poorly on you as a candidate.
- Have a digital or hard copy of your resume readily available to share with employers.
- Have a platform (i.e. notepad) to jot down notes of your conversations with recruiters to use during your follow-ups.
- Make sure to send a follow-up thank you email to the employers you met with!
- Attend additional recruiting events like Career Showcase and Information Sessions to continue your networking with employers.
If you are an individual with a disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact CCCCareerFairs@ufsa.ufl.edu at least 72 hours prior to the event.